After asking on twitter what would be preferred out of the Candy Cane Cupcake Recipe, or a recipe on Snickerdoodle Cookies, both from my favourite Humming Bird Bakery book! I got the same amount of votes for each, so here is the recipe for the cookies and the cupcakes will be up on Tuesday!. Im also very excited because it now means I can eat both...YOU WILL NEED:
For the sponge: For the coating:
60g Softened Unsalted Butter 1 tbsp Caster Sugar
160g Caster Sugar 1 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
240g Plain Flour
1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
3/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Vanilla Essence
1 Large Egg
1. Either using an electric whisk or electric mixer with a paddle, cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla essence until its light and fluffy. Add the egg and mix in well.
2. Sift the rest of the ingredients into the mixture, do it in 2 to 3 batches. Mix together well into a dough ball and put it into a bowl, cover with cling film and pop in the fridge for 40 minutes.
3. Preheat your oven to 170C / 325F / Gas Mark 3 and line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
4. Mix together the Caster Sugar and Cinnamon for coating in a bowl.
5. Break the dough into small walnut sized pieces and roll them in the coating. Place them on your baking sheet with about 4cm apart so they don't become one big cookie! You may have to do them in batches.
6. Stick them in the oven for 10-13 minutes or until golden. Once done leave to cool, then eat!